MS Dhoni Biography Mahendra Singh Dhoni born on 7th July, 1981 at Ranchi, Bihar (presently Jharkhand), is an Indian white-collar cricketer. He was the captain of the Indian National Team in limited over formats from 2007 to 2017 & in Test Cricket from 2008 to 2014. He plays as a right-handed wicket-keeper-batsman & also the current captain of Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League.
MS Dhoni Biography
MS Dhoni or Mahendra Singh Dhoni or a Lieutenant colonel, Dhoni is a name of a myth and only captain who won ICC Trophy in all formats. He is the better ‘finisher’ in limited-overs formats also he is the fastest.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni is a former Indian Cricketer who came out of a small town in India and construct people all over the world crazy. But this introduction is not enough for this legend. Today, we see his struggle journey from a ticket connoisseur to becoming an International Cricketer. Let’s deep dive into the unbelievable journey of our Mahi:
MS Dhoni Biography Short Information
|Full Name||Mahendra Singh Dhoni|
|Real Name||Mahendra Singh Dhauni|
|Names Earned||MSD, MS, Captain Cool|
Early life and Childhood
MS Dhoni was brought into the world on seventh July, 1981 in a Hindu Rajput family. Dhoni’s dad Skillet Singh worked in junior administration position in MECON and his mom Devaki Devi is a housewife. MS Dhoni learned at DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Ranchi where he succeeded in sports like badminton and football and was chosen at region and club level rivalries.
At the point when he was in school football crew he was a goalkeeper. When Dhoni’s football trainer sent him to take the place of wicket manager, he dazzled everybody by his wicket keeping abilities and from there on Dhoni got a long-lasting spot as a wicket-guardian at Commando Cricket Club Group for a considerable length of time during the time of 1995-98. MS Dhoni continue doing his wicket-keeping position well lastly chosen for Vinoo Mankad Prize Under16 Title during the time of 1997-98. MS Dhoni likewise filled in as a Train Ticket Analyst (TTE) at Kharagpur Railroad Station which is under South-Eastern Rail route in Midnapur Locale in West Bengal during 2001-2003. Dhoni’s partners recall him as a legit, clear representative with minimal wicked essentially.
|Date of Birth||7 July 1981|
|Age (as of 2023)||42 Years|
|Birthplace||Ranchi, Jharkhand, (Then in Bihar) India|
|Hometown||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|School||DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
|College/University||St. Xaviers College, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
|Educational Qualification||College Dropout|
|Address||Harmu Housing Colony, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
MS Dhoni- Net Worth
As per sources, MS Dhoni’s total assets is around 103 Million US$. Dhoni was additionally one of the greatest acquiring athletes in 2012, concurring tothe amazingly popular magazine, Forbes.
Additionally, not just in profit Dhoni was the most elevated citizen athlete in India for the constant three years 2012, 2013, 2014. He had additionally put resources into different areas. He claimed an inn, Mahi Residency inRanchi.
From A Goalkeeper to Wicket-keeper
In his school days, he could have done without cricket that much. In any case, he really loved the previous cricketer, Sachin Tendulkar. From youth, he was an adoration to play football. Mahi was the magnificent goalkeeper of his school football crew. At an early age, Mahi has begun playing football at Ranchi Area Level.
By intrigued with his magnificent goalkeeping, a cricket club moved toward Mahi. They offered him to join their cricket crew as a wicket-guardian. MS Dhoni joined the cricket crew and began go gaga for cricket. Dhoni’s mentor was exceptionally dazzled with his Wicket-keeping abilities, so he turned into an ordinary wicketkeeper in Commando Cricket Club. From that point his genuine excursion of cricket began.
Started to Fell in Love with Cricket
Dhoni played three years in that club. Gradually, his interesthad moved towards batting. After constant practice, Dhoni has turned into a decent batsman. In this club as well as in school and different clubs, he began getting famous for his awesome sixes. In 1997-98, because of his phenomenal presentation, Mahi was likewise chosen for the Under 16 Title. Around then, Dhoni give the railroad test and luckily, he got chosen. In 2001, interestingly, he was posted at Khadagpur Rail line as a TTE (TravelingTicket Examiner).Mahi did really feverish work over the course of the day and alongside that, he continued to play cricket.
Awards Presented to M.S. Dhoni
- In 2018: Padma Bhushan
- In 2009: Padma Sri
- In 2007-08: Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award
- In 2008-09: ICC-ODI player of the year
- In 2006, 2008 to 2014: ICC World ODI XI
- In 2009, 2010 and 2013: ICC World Test XI
- In 2011: Castrol Indian Cricketer of the year.
- In 2006: MTV Youth Icon of the year.
- In 2013: LG People’s Choice Award
- In 2011: received honorary doctorate from De Montfort University.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- His family has a place with Lawli, a town in Almora region in Uttarakhand. During the 1970s, his dad, Dish Singh, passed on the town to work in a steel production line in Ranchi.
- MS Dhoni’s last name is ‘Dhauni’ and not Dhoni. As per his uncle Ghanpath Singh Dhauni, his family name was wrongly placed in the school testaments, which couldn’t be redress even after numerous solicitations.
- In 1993, he was first spotted as a goalkeeper by KR Banerjee, the cricket trainer at his school, who later requested that he attempt his hand in wicket-keeping.
- It was PC Poddar, the previous cricket chief of Bengal, who saw extraordinary possible in him during the Ability Asset Improvement Wing (TRDW) match in Jamshedpur. After which, he was choose in the Bihar U19 group in the 1998/99 season, where he scored 176 runs in 5 matches.
- In 2002, when Dhoni was pursuing for a spot in the India group, he fell head over heels for a young lady named Priyanka Jha. In any case, tragically, Priyanka passed on in a mishap, that very year.
- In 2003, Sourav Ganguly moved toward him to move to Kolkata, yet he denied the proposition and return to Bihar, where he went to the Public Cricket Foundation.
- His life took a turn in 2004 when he got chosen for India A visit through Zimbabwe and Kenya, where he performed particularly well.
- On his ODI debut against Bangladesh on 23 December 2004, he was out for a duck.
- Dhoni made his first ODI century against chief opponent Pakistan in Vishakapatnam, where he crushed 148 runs from 123 balls.
- Prior, he used to have long hairs for two reasons, first he seriously loves John Abraham, furthermore, he used to consider it fortunate.
- Indeed, even in the wake of making such a colossal progress in his initial vocation, he remained grounded and invests energy with his young life pals.
- It was Sachin Tendulkar who suggested his name for India’s captain in 2007, after which Indian cricket crew arrived at the levels more than ever.
- He and his better half Sakshi knew one another since their young life, yet their adoration touched off in winters of 2007 when they met in Kolkata through Yudhajit Dutta (Dhoni’s director and companion). It was Dhoni who requested her number from his administrator, and when he later informed her, she didn’t accept it at first. They date each other for a very long time and got hitch in a position of safety function in 2010.
- In 2011, he was respect with the position of Lt. Colonel by the Indian Regional Armed force.
Get Latest Lifestyle Updates
What were the roles of Dhoni in the Indian Cricket team?
MS Dhoni played the roles of a right-handed batsman, wicketkeeper, and captain in the Indian cricket team. He remained consistent and focused, contributing equally to the responsibilities he had in the team.