MCD Property Tax in Delhi If you are the owner of a residential property in Delhi, it is mandatory for you to contribute towards the property tax to be paid to the Municipal Corporation of Delhi. This tax applies to all properties, including those that are vacant, falling under the jurisdiction of the corporation. In 2012, the Delhi municipal corporation was replaced by three new bodies. It is imperative for residents within each respective municipal corporation to settle their property tax before a specified deadline. Payments can conveniently be made through the online portal provided.
MCD Property Tax 2023
Some time ago, an main decision was taken by the Delhi Municipal Corporation. According to it, if you pay property tax until September 30, 2023, you are specified a five percent discount on North MCD property tax. This rule will supply incentives to all property taxpayers throughout the state. And they will more and more share under the MCD property tax.
It has also been clarified that if you submit your property tax after September 30, 2023, you will not get any refund of any kind, so you should take care of this date. & submit your property taxes ahead of time or before the due date. If the taxpayer wants to get more notification regarding North Delhi MCD Property Tax, he can contact the official web portal of Delhi MCD or the property tax section of the NDMC.
Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD)
MCD’s property tax department be present at to the levy and collection of the property tax & service Tax on the personal properties and also the Government. Both of these taxes are mandatory and are impose on all buildings and lands in Delhi.
As per the Honorable Supreme Court directive, the properties that are under the Indian Government full after 26.01.1950 are mandatorily liable for paying a service Tax. This is a percentage of the lands & buildings’ rateable value and is specifically intent on by the council on a yearly basis.
MCD Property Tax 2023 Overview
|Article Heading||MCD Property Tax in Delhi|
|Authority||Municipal corporation Delhi|
|Last date for property tax Submission||30 September 2023|
Offline Method of Paying Delhi House Tax
If you dont wish to pay the Property Tax on the web, you can pay it at one of 800 decisively positioned ITZ cash counters all over Delhi. You will in a flash be given a receipt after your disconnected installment which will contain a Property Tax ID which you should use for all future expense installments.
If it’s not too much trouble, likewise note that on the off chance that you don’t recollect or don’t utilize your recently distributed ID, the framework will dispense another one to you and this will make an entirely different host of issues for you during future duty installments, and may try and draw in correctional activity.
MCD Property Tax Rates in Delhi 2023-24
|Property Category||Residential Property||Commercial Property||Industrial Property||Unit Area Value – Rate per sq. metre|
North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC)
Property owners residing in North Delhi must pay property tax under specified deadlines to the North Delhi Municipal Corporation. Individuals residing in North Delhi in any of the six zones such as City-SP Zone, Civil Lines, Karol Bagh, Narela, Rohini, and Keshav Puram.
South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC)
South Delhi Municipal Corporation is divided into five zones, which are Central, South, West, and Najafgarh. Individuals possessing properties in any of these four zones in South Delhi will have to pay tax to the SDMC. The property owners can pay their property taxes through offline and online mode. Individuals need to visit the official portal to pay property tax online.
Steps to Register for the MCD Property Tax Login
- If you are new & you have not done your registration yet, then you first have to follow the below course of action before doing MCD Property Tax Login.
- For this, you first have to pay North Delhi MCD Property Tax in terms of the official site.
- Once on the web page, you have to click on a site called New User.
- Click Here For Sign Up Aster, after which you have to come interior it and select the option to Register as A Citizen.
- Then you have to enter your first name, father’s name, country name & code here.
- Finally, you will get the option of a mobile number or email ID as an option to register here, but before that, you have to cause your UPIC, i.e., unique property ID code, for which you have the following details: ownership details, property details & contact details.
- After entering the particular of previous dues, etc., one should click on the tab of accept.
- Finally, you have to click on the submit button & make your payment.
- After making the payment, the invoice should be cause & should download this invoice for any further queries.
Pay Property Tax online in Delhi
Official site of MCD-mcdpropertytax.in. To start with, you need to go and login, and on the landing page, when you come here, you will see three distinct kinds of connections. NDMC, EDMC, and SDMC as per your locale Snap on the connection. Presently you need to go to the web-based assistance page of the region and snap on the tab called Property Tax. Subsequent to doing as such, you need to enlist your inquiries. The most effective method to Pay Property Tax online in Delhi or sign up and login.
How to Pay MCD Property Tax Online 2023
Given below are the steps you will have to follow in order to pay the MCD Property Tax online:
Step 1: Visit the official website of MCD (http://www.mcdpropertytax.in/)
Step 2: Provide your ‘Registered Mobile Number’ and click on ‘Generate OTP’
Step 3: Now, enter ‘OTP’ and click on ‘Login’
Note: If you are a new user, click on the ‘SignUp / Registration’ option.
Step 4: Next, complete property details will be shown on screen, like UPIC, Property Type, Owner Type, Name, Address, Status and Registration Details.
Step 5: Click on ‘Actions’ button and click on the ”Pay Tax” option.
Step 6: Choose the ‘Financial Year’ for which property tax is to be paid and click on ‘Submit’
Step 7: Next, the pop up is shown as ‘Is there any Modification/Change in the Property/Owner Details from Last Tax Paid’.
Step 8: If you wish to change, then click on ‘Yes, I want to Edit before I Pay’ or click on ‘No, I want to Pay’.
Step 9: Now, It redirected to the Tax Calculator page with complete Property details. also, shows the rebate percentage as well.
Step 10: Cross check all the details and click on ‘Download PDF’ and then select ‘Pay Tax’ button at the end.
Step 11: Now, Select your preferred payment mode- Credit card, debit card, or net banking and click on ‘Pay now’
Step 14: Once payment is done, It shows the status as ‘Success’
Offline Method of Paying Delhi House Tax
If you prefer not to make the payment for property tax through the online platform, you have the option to pay it at any of the 800 strategically located ITZ cash counters throughout Delhi. Once you make the payment offline, you will immediately receive a receipt that includes a property tax ID. This ID must be used for all subsequent tax payments.
It is important to be aware that if you cannot recall or fail to utilize your previously assigned ID, the system will assign a new one to you. This can result in various difficulties during future tax payments and could potentially lead to punitive measures being taken against you.
How to Calculate Property Tax in Delhi?
The Municipal Corporation of Delhi uses the ‘Unit Area System’ for calculation of property tax all over the city. The formula used for how to calculate of house Tax is given below:
- House Tax = Annual Value * Rate of Tax
- Annual Value = Unit area value per square meter x unit area of property x age factor x use factor x structure factor x occupancy factor
- Rate of Tax = MCD publishes the rate of tax for A-H categories every year. You can find the applicable rate of tax on the official website of MCD Property Tax.
Unit area value – This is the value per square meter assigned for the built-up area of the property.
Unite area of property – The built-up area not in the carpet area per square meter.
Age factor – Newer properties are levied higher tax as compared to old ones. The age factor is based on the age of the property, where the value of this factor ranges between 0.5 to 1.
Use factor – Residential properties are levied lower tax as compared to the non-residential properties. The value of factor assigned is 1.
Structure factor – RCC constructions are levied higher tax in comparison to low value constructions.
Occupancy factor – Properties that are rented out are levied higher tax as compared to the self-occupied ones.
Exemption for MCD Property Tax
Given below are the bodies/individual who are exempted from the payment of property tax:
- Vacant land or buildings used as place of worship, public burial, heritage land, or used for charitable purposed by any body or individual.
- Agricultural land or building.
- Land or building vested in corporation.
- Property owned by an ex-servicemen or widow of a person martyred in war. The property should only be used as a self-residence and no portion of it is let out.
- Properties martyred on paramilitary or police duty.
- Property owned by a South MCD employee who is handicapped but fully on duty.
- Any sportsperson who has won awards for any international games.
Rebates on Property Tax in Delhi
- If you pay your property tax as a lump sum during the first quarter of the year, then you will be eligible to receive a discount of 15% on the total tax amount payable.
- A discount of 10% of the annual value is given to DDA/CGHS flats but only up to 100 square meters.
- A discount of 30% is given to women physically challenged individuals, and senior citizens but only for one property.
- A discount of 30% on the property tax is offered to ex-servicemen.
- A discount of 20% to group housing flats up to 30th June of the financial year.
Pay MCD Property Tax Mobile App
To cover MCD property tax, you are given beneath bit by bit data that you ought to notice. In the first place, you will download the MCD application on your cell phone. In the wake of coming to the landing page, you will present the application utilizing your enrolled portable number. You need to login and check it by getting the OTP. Presently you need to go to enlisted property subtleties through the MCD Property Tax Versatile Application and snap on the choice to settle Tax and select the monetary year and snap on the choice to submit. Along these lines, you can likewise pay the North Delhi MCD Property Tax carefully. Furthermore, from that point forward, you get a duplicate of the download receipt and keep it securely with you.
How to do Complaints in Municipal Corporation of Delhi?
- In case of any queries related to the payment of your property tax, you can lodge a complaint by visiting the official website of MCD property tax.
- Under the ‘grievance’ section click on ‘Lodge grievance reg tax receipt’.
- You will be directed to a separate page where you will have to enter the property id, name of the taxpayer, contact number, and the mode of payment through which the tax was paid.
- Click on ‘Submit’. An official from MCD property tax office will get in touch with you and will help you with your query.
List of Delhi Cities Divided into Categories
|A||Anand Niketan, Basant Lok DDA Complex, Bhikaji Cama Place, Friends Colony, Friends Colony East, Friends Colony West, Golf Links, Kalindi Colony, Lodi Road Industrial Area, Maharani Bagh, Nehru Place, New Friends Colony, Panchshila Park, Rajendra Place, Shanti Niketan, Sunder Nagar and Vasant Vihar.|
|B||Anand Lok, Andrews Ganj, Defence Colony, Greater Kailash I, Greater Kailash II, Greater Kailash III, Greater Kailash IV, Green Park, Gulmohar Park, Hamdard Nagar, Hauz Khas, Maurice Nagar, Munirka Vihar, Neeti Bagh, Nehru Enclave, Nizamuddin East, Pamposh Enclave, Panchsheel Park, Safdarjang Enclave, Sarvapriya Vihar and Sarvodaya Enclave.|
|C||Alaknanda, Chittaranjan Park, Civil Lines, East of Kailash, East Patel Nagar, Jhandewalan Area, Kailash Hill, Kalkaji, Lajpat Nagar I, Lajpat Nagar II, Lajpat Nagar III, Lajpat Nagar IV, Malviya Nagar, Masjid Moth, Munirka, Nizamuddin West, Panchsheel Extension, Punjabi Bagh, Som Vihar and Vasant Kunj.|
|D||Anand Vihar, Daryaganj, Dwarka, East End Apartments, Gagan Vihar, Hudson Line, Indraprastha Extension, Janakpuri, Jangpura A, Jangpura Extension, Jasola Vihar, Karol Bagh, Kirti Nagar, Mayur Vihar, New Rajinder Nagar, Old Rajinder Nagar and Rajouri Garden.|
|E||Chandni Chowk, East End Enclave, Gagan Vihar Extension, Hauz Qazi, Jama Masjid, Kashmere Gate, Khirki Extension, Madhuban Enclave, Mahavir Nagar, Moti Nagar, Pahar Ganj, Pandav Nagar, Rohini and Sarai Rihilla.|
|F||Anand Parbat, Arjun Nagar, Daya Basti, Dilshad Colony, Dishad Garden, BR Amdedkar Colony, Ganesh Nagar, Govindpuri, Hari Nagar, Jangpura B, Madhu Vihar, Majnu Ka Tila, Mukheree Park Extension, Nand Nagri, Uttam Nagar, Zakir and Nagar. Okhla|
|G||Ambedkar Nagar Jahangirpuri, Amdedkar Nagar East Delhi, Amber Vihar, Dabri Extension, Dakshinpuri, Dashrath Puri, Hari Nagar Extension, Vivek Vihar Phase I and Tagore Garden.|
Get Latest News Updates
Ques & Ans Related to MCD Property Tax in Delhi
Is MCD property tax paid offline?
Yes, MCD property tax is paid offline.
What are the possibilities for not paying property tax in Delhi?
If property tax is not paid, financial penalties or property-related furniture or valuables can be seized.
What is the official website of the Delhi MCD?